Malt Chip Crunch Cookies
Recipe by our Malttime Chefs (Wantida, Siriphun & Wipawadee)
Why cookies? Why not? One of the nice things about making cookies is that you can enjoy them even before you eat them. First you get to sneak in a taste of cookie dough and then you get to enjoy the wonderful smell of cookies baking in the oven. But the best is yet to come. It’s hard to beat the taste of a fresh batch of cookies, especially when they are still warm, chewey and gooey. So delicious!
“You can be miserable before you have a cookie and you can be miserable after you eat a cookie but you can’t be miserable while you are eating a cookie.” INA GARTEN
WHY COOKIES? WHY NOT?
Pro tip: Only bake as many cookies as you want and refrigerate or freeze the remaining cookie dough. When you feel like having some cookies, just heat up the oven and use the ready-made cookie dough. The cookie dough will stay fresh for 3-5 days in the fridge and much longer in the freezer.
- 3/4 cup (103 grams) wheat flour
- 1/3 cup (72 grams) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (42 grams) sugar
- 1/3 cup (30 grams) Malttime Malt Crunch
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) malted milk powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Beat butter, sugar and salt on medium speed until fluffy
2. Add egg, beat until smooth
3. Sift flour, malted milk powder, and baking powder then add in mixer, mix in low speed
4. Add Malttime Malt Crunch and gently fold by hand. Let mixture rest in fridge 15-20 min
5. Preheat oven 170 C
6. Scoop cookie dough 1 tablespoon (15-16 g)
7. Bake in oven around 10 -12 min until golden brown
8. Let cookies cool on a cooling rack for five minutes before eating