Malted Chocolate Lava Cake
Recipe by our Malttime Chefs (Wantida, Siriphun & Wipawadee)
Chocolate lava cake is a dessert composed of a small chocolate cake with a rigid exterior and molten center that is usually served warm with a side of vanilla ice cream. The contrast between warm and cold and soft and rigid results in a sublime sensory experience and makes this popular dessert a crowd favorite all around the world.
“Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.” AUDREY HEPBURN
LOVE WHAT YOU DO. DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
The addition of Malttime Malted Crunch adds a new dimension to this already delicious dessert and is sure to win over chocolate lava cake fans old and new.
- 1-1/4 cup (250 grams) dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) salted butter
- 2.5 tablespoons (30 grams) sugar
- 1/3 cup (30 grams) Malttime Malt Crunch
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 strawberry sliced (optional)
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200 C.
2. Melt chocolate and butter then rest to warm.
3. Mix flour, sugar, Malttime Malt Crunch and eggs, then add the melted chocolate into mixture.
4. Butter and lightly flour four 6 ounce ramekins. Tap out the excess flour. Set the ramekins on a baking tray.
5. Spoon cake batter into prepared ramekin then bake 10-12 minutes or til side of cake is firm but center still soft.
6. Let the cakes cool in the ramekins for 1 minute, then cover each with an inverted dessert plate.
7. Carefully turn each one over, let stand for 10 seconds and then unmold. Serve immediately.
8. For maximum satisfaction, we recommend serving each cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sliced strawberry